Specifications WriterOpening: Nov. 22, 2016 / Closing: OPEN
Eskew+Dumez+Ripple (EDR) is a New Orleans based group of architects, designers and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, interior environments, research and urban strategies. A recipient of the 2014 AIA National Architecture Firm Award, EDR has created a national reputation for designing projects that are programmatically thoughtful and technically sophisticated as well as cost and resource conscious. Our commitment to enhance and protect both the cultural and natural environments of the communities we serve is evident in the beauty and technical craftsmanship of our designs and the long-term sustainability of our projects. We are currently looking for an Experienced Specifications Writer to take on a leadership role in our growing New Orleans Based Studio.
Duties will include:
- Writing and editing architectural based specifications for commercial projects using ESpecLink.
- Assisting project managers with Division 1 requirements and contract conditions review.
- Work with project teams throughout the design process to determine the best strategy for use of materials and constructability analysis
- Providing quality control reviews in both Design Development and Construction Document Phases.
- Assisting project designers with material selection and materials and system research.
- Maintaining technical resource library and list of technical resource contacts.
- Support use of Resilient & Sustainable Design priorities
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects active at the same time
- Knowledge of essential specification requirements, especially Division 1
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Comfortable engaging staff during the design process
- Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- 5+ years of architectural experience.
- Revit Proficiency
- Existing active CSI participation is a significant asset but not mandatory
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment while effectively meeting project deadlines.
Please send your CV and portfolio with references as a PDF (no larger than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enclosed letters of recommendation are welcome as well. No phone calls will be accepted.