Internship ProgramOpening: Nov. 13, 2017 / Closing: OPEN
At Eskew+Dumez+Ripple (EDR) we appreciate the fresh enthusiasm, ambitious problem solving, and diverse backgrounds that interns and young professionals bring to the quality of work in our studio. Situated in one of the most culturally rich cities in the world, New Orleans offers an urban environment with a vibrant music scene, world-class restaurants, a deep history of cultures and traditions, and the unique opportunity to make a difference in the largest urban renewal project ever undertaken in our country.
To that end, and considering the upcoming changes to IDP and ARE programs, Eskew+Dumez+Ripple is announcing the implementation of a year round internship program.
The goal of the EDR 6/12 internship program is to provide meaningful and unique professional experience within a studio-based environment. Our program is focused to provide robust mentorship, comprehensive long-term work experience and the challenges and rewards of the profession.
Our intent is to offer a continuous internship opportunity for students with fall and spring 6 month programs or one 12-month program. These positions are offered to talented and motivated students with backgrounds in our core disciplines of Architecture, Interior Environments and Urban Strategies. Internships are only open to design students who have completed at least six semesters at an accredited institution.
Application GuidelinesInternship Periods:
- 6 month Summer|Fall Semester (June-December)
- 6 month Spring|Summer Semester (January-July)
- 12 month Fall to Spring Semester (July-June)
12 month internships start in the Summer | Fall Semester.
Selected Candidate(s) will be notified 3 months prior to start date.
- Candidates should have an academic or professional focus in architecture, interior environments or urban strategies.
- Candidates should have the ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings, 3D models, and other documents relating to the design in multiple software platforms. Including Revit, V-Ray, Rhino and Adobe Suite. The ability to work in Revit is a requirement.
- Candidates should have all legal permits and visas required to work in USA.
- Internships are open to candidates who have completed at least six semesters of an accredited academic coursework.
- The position is paid; however, lodging and transport (to New Orleans) is the responsibility of the intern.
- Candidate Statement Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (or Resume)
- School Endorsement Letter
- Two Reference Letters